Thursday, June 30, 2016

Spruce Flats Falls - Great Smoky Mountains National Park


Spruce Flats Falls is one of my favorite places in Great Smoky Mountains National Park. I've previously written about my visits in April 2012, March 2015, and March 2016. The most recent post includes a topographic map with the trail superimposed on it as well as an elevation profile and images of most of the signs and turns along the route. I made the short hike to the falls again in late June 2016. While the volume of water was greatly reduced from my spring visits, Spruce Flats Branch still had a respectable flow. After meeting over a dozen people on the trail, I expected to find several people at the falls. However, I had the place to myself for several minutes before a newlywed couple from Indiana arrived.

  









Entry to Great Smoky Mountains National Park is free.

The park website is https://www.nps.gov/grsm/index.htm.

No comments:

Post a Comment